Pumpkin soup is everyone’s favourite comfort food. It’s delicious, nutritious and pairs well with most of the drinks.
- Pumpkin – 1 medium size
- Sweet Potatoes – 1 pcs, medium size
- Shallot onion (or any onion you like) – 1 pcs, medium size
- Vegetable broth – around 1,5 l
- Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cream – 100 ml (you can also use coconut milk)
Cooking Method for Pumpkin Soup:
- Clean and peel all the vegetables.
- Put a cooking pot on medium heat, add the olive oil and a knob of butter.
- Chop the union and add it to the pot.
- After 2-3 min. add diced pumpkin and sweet potatoes.
- Cook for couples of minutes. Then add the salt, black pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the hot vegetable broth (or hot water), covering all the vegetables. Perhaps, even a bit above them. Cook for around 15 minutes on medium heat, until pumpkin is very tender.
- Using a blender, puree the soup to a smooth creamy consistency. Taste it, adjust the seasoning and thickness to your liking. If it is too thick, simply add a bit of hot water to loosen it up.
- Bring it again to boil and remove from the heat.
For Truffle Croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / 5 gas.
- Cut your favourite bread (or any leftover bread) into small cubes.
- Drizzle with some olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toast for 5-10 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven. Also, shuffle them from time to time, so your croutons would be nice and golden from every side.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the truffle oil and leave to cool down. Surely, the truffle oil brings luxurious pinch. However, more is less in this case, so use only a few drops. Also, you can totally use just olive oil.
While serving, add the cream or coconut milk. As well as truffles croutons to the bowl.
You can also put it into a thermos to take this delicious aromatic soup to a picnic!
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us -> GET IN TOUCH.