Night Turf is a spectacular horse racing tournament, which takes place ON THE FROZEN LAKE OF ST. MORITZ AFTER SUNSET.
The tournament has been taking place for the 3rd time this year. While White Turf is well-known around the world for its long 110-years history of horse racing on the frozen lake of St. Moritz, Night Turf is a new tradition of horse racing which takes place on the frozen lake after sunset.
Besides thrilling competitions, guests enjoyed delicious cuisine, nice music and outstanding light-show in the night sky of St. Moritz.
Good to know:
- Date: Friday, 24th of February 2017;
- Location: on the frozen lake of St. Moritz;
- Tickets: free admission to the frozen lake, including access to the grandstand seats;
Program, Night Turf 2017:
- 14:30 Opening of the tent village on the frozen lake St. Moritz
- 15:30 Matchrace Handels- und Gewerbeverein St. Moritz
- 16:00 Trotting race presented by BMW (Switzerland) AG
- 16:30 Flat race GP LONGINES
- 17:00 Prominent-Skikjöring presented by CREDIT SUISSE
- 18:00 Live concert outdoor
- 20:00 Spectacular light show
Night Turf was not really “night” because I expected to see horse race at night, but it was still spectacular competition and interesting experience.
If you are a horse-racing enthusiast or just want to see another unusual horse-racing tournament, you may find it in the article -> WHITE TURF 2016, ST. MORITZ
More interesting facts and travel tips for St. Moritz you may learn in the article -> LEGENDARY ST. MORITZ
Moreover, Snow Polo World Cup also takes place on the frozen lake of St. Moritz every winter. The highlights of the tournament you may check in the article -> SNOW POLO WORLD CUP ST.MORITZ 2017
If you are planning a trip for the next White Turf, I recommend to check the dates for the Night Turf as well. You will find that in one of the weekends these two races will have only a day between each other. It’s very convenient to spend an amazing weekend in St. Moritz and enjoy two extraordinary and unique horse races on the frozen lake.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH