The following article is not meant for people under 18 years old for most European countries and 21 years old for USA and 25 years old for Sweden and certain other countries with the same age regulation for digital content about beverages containing alcohol. Therefore, if you aren’t above the legal drinking age in your country, please leave this article. :)
2021 Wine Of The Year – Lucky Draw – Mövenpick Wine. Californian well-balanced red wine with a strong personality.
Working with a highly selected range of vineyards throughout California, Lucky Draw focuses on best grapes from Sonoma, Napa, Lodi and Paso Robles counties. This 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon brings together the deep intense flavours of Cabernet Sauvignon with a touch of Malbec.
Good to know about Lucky Draw:
- Grape variety: 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Malbec.
- Lucky Draw is a rich, sophisticated wine, matured for 12 months in the French oak barrels.
- Ready to drink from now, until 2028. Also, young wines can still develop and grow with decanting.
- Tasting notes: a rich bouquet of blueberries, plums, dark cherries and chocolate with a caramel hint. Aromatic and full-bodied, the wine finishes with silky cocoa-like tannins.
- Best served at 15-17 degrees.
- In Switzerland, you can find Lucky Draw at Mövenpick Wine cellars and online store for approx. CHF 21.80 per 75cl bottle.
Surprisingly, there are some polarised opinions about this particular wine. Perhaps because of its complexity and structure. This sophisticated wine is a modern twist on a classic Cabernet Sauvignon. However, the younger wine structure would still build up if you let it breathe for a bit or decanter it after opening.
More information on prices and deliveries, you can always find on the Mövenpick wine official website.
What are your thoughts on this Californian wine?
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us -> GET IN TOUCH.