The following article is not meant for people under 18 years old for most European countries and 21 years old for USA and 25 years old for Sweden and certain other countries with the same age regulation for digital content about beverages containing alcohol. Therefore, if you aren’t above the legal drinking age in your country please leave this post and read another post under the travel section. : )
Expovina, one of the largest public wine fairs in Europe, transforS Zurich into the Swiss wine capital for two weeks. Traditionally, this incredible wine fair is held by 12 wine ships on Zurich Lake. This year, it is taking place from OCTOBER 31st to November 14Th.
For 66th time this year, wine producers, experts and wine lovers will be meeting to review the latest developments in the wine industry and, of course, to taste and purchase amazing wine. It’s also an important meeting point for wine producers to discuss relationship between wineries and big distributors as well as progressing in online purchases and wine fairs.
Expovina 2019 presents around 125 wine producers and more then 4000 wines from six continents.
Switzerland once again leads the offer during EXPOVINA. Wines from 15 wine-growing cantons illustrate the variety of varieties, soils, climatic conditions and wine-growing personalities.
European wines are dominating among foreign wines at the wine fair. In addition to the classics from the north and the center of Italy, the importance of the south and the islands continues to grow – a trend that continues in Spain, Portugal and the south of France.
A treasure trove especially for lovers of amazing white wines is the offer of wine-growing regions from Germany and Austria.
The presence of Eastern and Southeastern Europe has also gained in importance. They surprise with excellent wines from both independent and renowned varieties.
Good to know:
- Dates: October 31st – November 14th.
- Location: wine ships at Bürkliplatz, which can be reached by any tram that goes through the tram stop “Bürkliplatz”. From Zurich main station (Hauptbahnhof): the tram #11 to the direction Rehalp till the stop Bürkliplatz. From Zurich Stadelhofen SBB station: the tram #11 to the direction Auzelg until the stop Bürkliplatz. Other trams that go through the Bürkliplatz tram stop: #2, 5, 8, 9.
- Working hours:
Monday to Saturday: 13:00 – 21:00;
Sunday 11:00 to 19:00 (ticket office closes 18:30).
- Prices: Tickets online – 27 CHF (incl. Catalog); At the entrance – 30 CHF (incl. Catalog).
- There is a wardrobe – 2 CHF (cash only).
- There are also three restaurant-ships for memorable culinary experiences. Fine pasta is available in the Mediterranean ambience of “MS Wadin”. Lovers of cheese specialties can enjoy Valais raclette or Gruyère fondue at “Panta Rhei”. And if you want to crown the journey through the world of wine with a delicious fish or meat dish, it is best to visit the elegant “Rosenstadt”.
- Dogs are not allowed at the fair.
You are always welcome to share your wine tasting experience and favorites in the comments below
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH