The following article is not meant for people under 18 years old for most European countries and 21 years old for the USA, and 25 years old for Sweden and certain other countries with the same age regulation for digital content about beverages containing alcohol. If you aren’t above the legal drinking age in your country, please leave this post and read another post under the travel section. :)
Glenfiddich Winter Storm Exclusively at Swiss Deluxe Hotels. Recently, the world-famous whisky brand Glenfiddich presented its new limited edition Experimental Series: Glenfiddich Winter Storm. In Switzerland, this exclusive whisky is available only at Swiss Deluxe Hotels.
Good to know:
- A single malt is defined as whisky made from malted barley, at a single distillery, aged for at least three years in either American oak or European (Spanish) oak casks, and bottled at a minimum ABV of 40%.
- Glenfiddich is one of the world’s most awarded single malt scotch whiskies.
- The company was found in 1887 by William Grant.
- It’s one of the few single malt distilleries that remains entirely family owned.
- In the ’60s, the famous designer Hans Schleger inspired by the unique structure of Glenfiddich, created brand’s signature design – triangular bottle.
- Two thirds of the flavour in whisky coming from the cask. Glenfiddich uses the casks that are mellowed by years of previous use. The American oak once held bourbon. The European oak held fine sherry.
I was delighted to attend the presentation of the new Glenfiddich Winter Storm. The launch took place at the Widder Bar & Kitchen of the luxurious 5-star Widder Hotel, located in the heart of Zurich. Glenfiddich brand ambassador Markus Heinze introduced to us the Experimental Series concept. At the same time, Tino Staub, the executive chef of the new Widder Bar & Kitchen, delighted everyone with gourmet creations.
#01 IPA EXPERIMENT
The IPA (India Pale Ale) Experiment was the first brand’s expression. In collaboration with IPA craft beer expert Seb Jones, Malt Master Brian Kinsman created a bold and zesty IPA beer. Then, freshly brewed IPA craft beer has rested in American oak whisky casks for about 4 weeks. Finally, IPA casks have been refilled up with whisky for 12 weeks, imbuing it with zesty citrus and hoppy notes.
THE EXPERIMENT RESULTED IN THE FIRST SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY EVER FINISHED IN CRAFT IPA CASKS.
- Use a clean Glenfiddich IPA glass.
- Add a large ball of ice, measuring 55mm.
- Pour the preferred measure of Glenfiddich IPA.
- Peel a 2in slice of blood orange peel and run it around the rim of the glass.
- Give the peel a little twist and drop it into the glass.
- Serve on a Glenfiddich IPA beer mat.
Please Drink Responsibly.
#02 Project XX
Malt Master Brian Kinsman invited 20 whisky experts from 16 countries to the Glenfiddich Distillery in Dufftown, Scotland. Each expert was given time to explore the warehouse and select any cask that intrigued them. The final 20 chosen malts included whiskies that matured in 17 bourbon barrels, 2 sherry butts and 1 port pipe.
As a result of master blending, an unusual, innovative, and unexpected whisky was created.
- Use a clean Glenfiddich Project XX glass.
- Turn on a cold-water tap.
- Holding the glass from the bottom, add a mere sprinkle to the outer lip of the glass.
- Dab the wet lip of the glass lightly into a bowl of sea salt flakes, picking up just 2 or 3 flakes at most.
- Pour the preferred measure of Glenfiddich Project XX.
- Now enjoy an enhanced flavour by either drinking directly from the salted section of the glass or by removing a flake and placing it onto their tongue.
Please drink responsibly.
#03 Glenfiddich Winter Storm
For this latest limited edition, Glenfiddich Malt Master Brian Kinsman used ice-wine casks from the Peller Estates winery near Niagara, Canada. He paid a visit to the vineyards and learned how the grapes used to produce the ice wine have to be picked at a temperature of -10°C. When Brian Kinsman returned to the Glenfiddich Distillery in Dufftown, he started experimenting with Canadian ice-wine casks. They have been filled with 21-years-old Glenfiddich, which he allowed to mature further for up to six months.
The result is a perfect 21-year-old single malt whisky complemented by fresh tropical fruits notes and underlying wine notes.
- Use a clean, frozen glass.
- Pour the preferred measure of Glenfiddich Winter Storm.
- Add a frozen grape.
- Enjoy as the perfect accompaniment to dessert.
Please drink responsibly.
You can enjoy Glenfiddich Winter Storm exclusively at the bars of Swiss Deluxe Hotels, which include 42 luxurious hotels around Switzerland. They all represent the famous Swiss hospitality, exceptional quality and the highest standards. The high-end luxury hotels with spectacular viewpoints and a relaxing atmosphere. The complete list and more details about the hotels that are part of this group you may find on its official website.
Enjoy your winter holidays with the limited edition of Glenfiddich in the beautiful and magical ambience of exquisite hotels.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us -> GET IN TOUCH.