Messy Chocolate Pears is a simple, quick and gorgeous dessert. Inspired by the recipe from the Jamie Oliver book “Quick & Easy Food”, I adapted it a bit to the ingredients that I like. This recipe is also a great alternative to baking and it takes literally only 10 minutes to prepare!
INGREDIENTS for approx. 4 portions:
- 2 handfuls or around 100g of walnuts (you can also use hazelnuts or any other nuts that you like)
- 1 x 410g tin of pear halves
- 50ml Cognac or Armagnac
- 50g dark chocolate (I use Mövenpick Dark Chocolate 72%)
- Vanilla ice cream (Optional)
- Toast the nuts of your choice in a non-stick frying pan on a high heat for a couple of minutes, until golden, tossing regularly, then transfer them into a pestle and mortar to cool down.
- Return the pan to the heat. Pour in the pears (all together with juice), bring to boil, then add the cognac. Stand back and carefully set light to the liquor up with a match. Let it flame, then leave it to bubble and reduce to a thick syrup. Of course, you can skip cognac, if you are cooking this dessert for kids.
- Meanwhile, crush the nuts and divide between plates, making a small pile on each one.
- Spoon the pears on to the plates.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and put most of the chocolate into the pan. Let it melt for a minute. Mix well the chocolate syrup and drizzle into the pears.
- If you want, you can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each pile of nuts. It would pair with pears and chocolate perfectly!
- Enjoy your boozy messy chocolate pears! :)
YOU ARE ALSO WELCOME TO SHARE YOUR favourite desserts IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
More recipes you may always find on our FOOD page.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.