These little Quinoa Veggie Balls are great for dinner with a side dish, for parties as a finger food or for creating delicious veggie burgers. It is also, a good way to have children to eat more vegetables. Overall, it is a healthy meal, perfect for the whole family.
- Quinoa – 200 g (I use three colours mix);
- Cauliflower – 1 small or half of medium size. You can also use frozen cauliflower florets, then you will need roughly 300 g, but don’t forget to defrost it before cooking.
- Bread crumbs – 100 g;
- 1 bunch of fresh rucola (You can also use basil);
- Sun-dried tomatoes – 8 pcs;
- Egg – 1 pcs;
- A pinch of salt and black pepper;
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water. Cook it as it is recommended on the package.
- I cooked it in a pot with the double amount of salted water, on the medium heat, for about 10-15 minutes (until the white seedling comes off the grain and the liquid is absorbed). Then turned the heat off, closed the pot with the lid and let it rest for the further 5 minutes.
- Let the quinoa cool down for around 15 minutes.
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into florets. I never waste the stalk though, it’s packed with amazing flavours and nutritions. If don’t use it in this recipe, save it for a veggie broth, soups or stews.
- Pick and thoroughly wash the rucola leaves.
- Put the rucola, cauliflower florets and dried tomatoes into a food processor.
- Pulse until forming a paste.
- Pour the paste into a bowl. Add an egg, bread crumbs, quinoa and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Knead well together by hand until the ingredients become compact.
- Form your veggie balls, round or flat, depends on the serving purpose.
- Pre-heat a big pan with a splash of olive oil on medium heat.
- Carefully place your veggie balls on the pan and cook them for about 5-7 minutes on each side, until nicely crispy and golden.
- If you serve it as an appetiser, you could add a dipping of yogurt with cucumber and garlic.
Do you like this recipe?
More recipes you may always find on our FOOD page.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.