The Dance 2017 took place on 20th of May, when the world’s best urban street dance crews competed against each other at the Hallenstadion Zurich.
B-boying or breaking, mostly known as breakdancing, became popular during 1970s among young people in Bronx. Soon the popularity of this street dance spread all over the world. I tried and love breaking! It gives an opportunity everyone express emotions through a dance and improvisation. It’s also a great way to find good friends because street dance crews are usually people on the same wave of feeling the beat and each other.
Good to know about the dance 2017:
- Technical jury: Storm (Niels Robitzky), Buddha Stretch, Danielle Polanco, Roxrite (Omar Delgado Macias).
- Lifestyle jury & Special guests: Akon, Carmen & Robert Geiss, Momo (Maurice Mobetie), Bars & Melody.
- DJs: DJ Yugson Hawks, DJ Renegade.
- Host: John Agesilas, Serap Yavuz.
- World’s best teams from 10 countries participated in The Dance 2017.
- Dancing crews at The Dance 2017: team South Korea, team Russia, team Switzerland, team France, team Japan, team USA, team Germany, team Italy, team UK, team Sweden.
- 4 teams competed in the semifinals: USA vs Russia; UK vs France.
- The final battle was between Russia and UK.
- The winner of The Dance 2017 is team UK! Congratulations to the winners.
- Celebrations and dancing continued at the Kameha Grand Zurich, where the After Party as well as the Dance Brunch took place.
During the After Party, which was organised by Tag Heuer and Kameha Grand Zurich, the best and renowned DJs played their energetic beats for all visitors, dance crews and the special guests. For those guests, who wanted something special, was an option to treat themselves at the VIP lounge.
On the next day (21st of May), the lucky owners of the tickets (which could have been purchased separately in advance) could attend the Dance Brunch at Kameha Grand Zurich. Excellent ending of the wonderful event! :)
It has been just the second edition of The Dance, but I’m sure it will get more and more connection to everyone with a passion for dancing, and will become a good annual tradition.
Until next year The Dance!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.