Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2019 took place on September 19th at the beautiful restaurant Terrasse in Zurich.
For almost 50 years, the renowned champagne company has been awarding female entrepreneurs, as an inspiration for all businesswomen and as a memory of the company’s founder Barbe-Nicole Clicquot.
The Award was launched in 1972, for the 200th anniversary of the Maison to commemorate Madame Clicquot, who was in fact the first businesswoman of modern times.
Good to know:
- In 1805, Barbe-Nicole Clicquot (born Ponsardin) took over her husband’s wine business, when widowed at age 27.
- She transformed a small-size business into an empire. Impressively, she led the company in the industry dominated by men for over 60 years as the Head of the Maison Clicquot (1805-1866).
- She also created the first ever vintage champagne.
- In addition, Madame Clicquot invented the first riddling table, that made the process of dégorgement more efficient and guaranteed a crystal-clear wine.
- Furthermore, she created the first “rosé d’assemblage” (blended pink champagne) by combining some of red wines with champagne.
Since 1972, the Maison Veuve Clicquot has awarded over 350 women around the world in over 27 countries.
Since 1985, The Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award has been giving in Switzerland.
The prize was presented for 16th time this year, hence established itself as an important award for Swiss business women. It is not only an international recognition in today’s business world, but also as an inspiration for women entrepreneurs. Moreover, the New Generation Award 2019 was handed for the first time this year in Switzerland, with the young, innovative and socially responsible female entrepreneurs aged 25 to 35 years be awarded.
This year, the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award and the New Generation Award had the honor of welcoming the following members of the jury:
- Nadine Fau, Managing Director of Moët Hennessy Switzerland
- Sabina Hanselmann-Diethelm, editor-in-chief of STYLE / Bolero
- Patrizia Laeri, moderator and business journalist of SRF
- Bea Petri, founder of the make-up bar and winner of the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2012
- Siro Barino, CEO / Founder momentX AG
- Jean-Claude Biver, Non-Executive President of the LVMH Watch Division
- Olivier Brourhant, CEO of the Mantu Group and EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
The award ceremony took place at the elegant Terrasse Restaurant in Zurich. Its elegant ambiance fitted perfectly to the occasion.
Monika Walser (de Sede) is the winner of the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2019.
Her professional qualities, which she has displayed in the many companies she manages, led her to be a winner of this prestigious award. Moreover, her strong commitment to social responsibility and sustainable corporate development make her a role model for other women. Thanks to her entrepreneurial spirit, Monika Walser successfully represents the characteristics of the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award.
Olga Dubey (AgroSustain) is the winner of the New Generation Award 2019.
She embodies entrepreneurial courage and creativity, as well as enormous social responsibility. Those very values that qualify the Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award.
It was very inspiring to meet so many talented women from DIFFERENT business areas. All unique characters with LIKEMINDED entrepreneurial spirit, courage and creativity.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.