Winter is a wonderful time to enjoy frosty air with friends and loved ones on a winter picnic
We have defined 5 easy steps and useful tips for organising a perfect stress-free winter picnic.
You should consider the time and the weather. I had a few options, such as the park, roof-top terrace and loggia, but I’ve chosen the pavilion at the Christmas market, and it was a perfect choice in my case. First of all the Christmas market was decorated with fabulous Christmas lights, in addition, it offered a special festive atmosphere, which simply must be experienced.
If you are interested in Christmas markets in Zurich, you may find details on this link -> CHRISTMAS MARKETS, ZURICH, 2016
Food is an important part of the picnic. Choose ingredients and the menu carefully. I would recommend something light and easy caring. After all, it is all about gathering together with friends and having fun, not a 5 course dinner! :)
My picnic menu consisted:
- Champagne – Krug Grande Cuvee,
- Pumpking soup with truffle croutons,
- Sliced carrots,
- Sbrinz cheese,
- Marroni muffins,
- Gingerbread cookies.
Nothing warms up better than yummy pumpkin soup. It is a winner among all the soups, as it’s delicious, nutritious and pairs well with most of the drinks.
Pumpking soup with truffle croutons:
- Pumpkin – 1 medium size
- Sweet Potatoes – 1 pcs, medium size
- Shallot – 1 pcs
- Vegetable broth – around 1,5 l
- Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cream (optionally) – 100 ml (you can also use coconut milk to make the soup vegetarian)
- Clean and peel all the vegetables.
- Put a cooking pot on the heat, add olive oil.
- Chop the shallot union and add it to the pot.
- After 2-3 min. add diced pumpkin and sweet potatoes.
- Cook for couples of minutes. Then add the salt, black pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the hot vegetable broth to the level of covering all the vegetables and even a bit above them. Cook for 15 minutes on the medium heat.
- Blend everything to the smooth creamy consistency. Taste your soup and adjust the seasoning.
- While serving add the cream or the coconut milk, and the truffles croutons.
- I put my soup into a thermos, in order to keep it warm! :)
It’s the easiest step. You just prepare your favorite drinks: champagne, beer, mulled wine, juice or tea! :) A great time with friends is special enough for a nice bottle of champagne, like Krug Grande Cuvee. Moreover, my picnic was at the nicely decorated Christmas market, and bubbles of champagne reflected the Christmas lights and looked like small sparkles in the glasses.
Good to know:
- Since 1843, Krug Grande Cuvée has embodied the utmost in excellence that Joseph Krug, the founder of the House of Krug, sought to give his clients, a Champagne of extreme generosity and absolute elegance.
- Krug Grande Cuvée is a blend of around 120 wines from ten or more different vintages and three grape varieties.
- Over twenty years are needed to craft each bottle of Krug Grande Cuvée.
- Exceptional finessed of the Krug Grande Cuvée is the result of resting for at least another six years in Krug’s cellars.
- The champagne has sophisticated flavours of hazelnut, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds and honey.
- Together with Krug’s other cuvees, it has made Krug the world’s best-rated Champagne for years.
- For more details about the Krug Grande Cuvée champagne you may visit the official website.
A good organizing is a key to the stress-free picnic:
- Put the soup into a thermos.
- Pack all the veggies and cheese into airtight containers.
- Take napkins.
- Take cutlery, plates, paper cups for the soup and tea, tooth picks and glasses.
- Take a warm blanket to warm up.
- And last but not least, a good mood and a camera to share your picnic experience with us! :)
I hope these 5 easy steps will help you to organize a stress-free, joyful and happy time.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH